Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making Progress

(Originally posted to FB on November 29, 2011)

Well, I'm down to just a few more appointments. A month from now I should hopefuly have them all out of the way except possibly one of my support group meetings. That depends on if they are having one over Christmas break or not.

I did my sleep study last night. They said if they saw signs of sleep apnea in the first two hours they would come in and put a CPAP machine on me, but if it presented later than that they would not do it on that visit. If it presented in the later part of the night, I would have to go back in another night and sleep with the machine on. They did not come in and put the CPAP on me last night, so I suppose that's a good sign. But I will have to wait 7-10 business days to get my results back and find out if I have to go back in. I'm hoping that since it didn't present in the first two hours that it didn't present at all. Otherwise not only will I have to go back in and get a CPAP machine at home, but I will have to use it for 30 days before I can have my surgery. So if I have sleep apnea, that slows me down.

I'm anxious to get this surgery. I know it will mean a LOT of changes, but I need them...I want them. I see the changes this surgery makes in others and I want those changes for myself. I want more energy, cuter clothes, and more self-confidence.

Next appiontment up on the list? Psychiatric evaluation. Let's hope the doc doesn't ask me about my mother....I'll be in therapy for years!! LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment