Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nutrition Class

(Originally Posted to FB on October 27, 2011)

One of my requirements for having the surgery is that I have to take 6 nutrition classes. I took my first one last week, and my second one was today.

Last week the girl that led the class was extremely annoying. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "Just, like, Google it." And it didn't help that the information she covered was all stuff that I knew. Well, I did learn one new thing. Did you realize that the average person consumes about 2,000 calories when eating at a buffet?! Yep! An entire day's worth of food in one meal. So, no buffets for me anymore...not that I eat at them very often anyway.

This week was a good class. The guy that led it was much better! He was friendly, helpful, patient, and didn't tell us once to, "like, Google it." Today's class was about reading labels. I already knew a little about labels, but I got some good new info too.

And the best part about today's class? Well, we have to weigh in at each of these classes and I have lost 3 lbs since last week! Woo hoo!! I do have a goal weight I'd like to reach before the surgery to get me a little healthier. The healthier I am for the surgery, the better I will be able to recover.

0 comments:

Post a Comment