Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Gym & Goodwill

Yesterday I was cleared to go back to regular activity...and that means I can do more than just walk for exercise. So today I headed to the gym! I spent 20 minutes doing weight training on the weight machines. Not much, just enough to get my body started. Then I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill. I broke a nice sweat and am very happy with my first official workout post-op. (I don't count the walking I've been doing as "workouts" though I guess technically they are.)

Here is what it looks like when you try to take your own picture while walking on a treadmill:



And then when hubby takes the picture for you:



The gym we go to is right next door to a Goodwill store. So after our workout we headed next door to look around. I found 2 dresses that I want to get down into. Here is what I found:

This is an Old Navy dress, size XL



I tried this one on, and of course it didn't fit yet. I didn't expect it to. But what shocked me was that I could get it on! It didn't look good, it was too tight in the hips & stomach, and I couldn't get it zipped up top, but it actually went on! So, I'm hoping that come this summer I'll be able to wear it! I'll post pics when I can get into it! It was worth the $6 for the motivation!

This is an Apt 9 brand dress from Khol's, size XL



It is BRAND NEW! Tags are still on it! It is a brand new $50 dress, and I paid $6 for it!!



And what's better than the price is the fact that IT FITS!!! Now, it will look better in a couple of weeks when I've lost a little more around the middle, but I can actually wear it!! I was so excited!! When I wear it I will take a pic and post it for you.

So, it's just an idea, but as you are losing you can go out to Goodwill or a thrift store and spend a few dollars to get an item or two in a smaller size to be able to work toward as a goal. As far as I'm concerned that was $12 well spent today! One dress I can wear soon as a short term goal. The other I can wear a little later on as a mid term goal. And I've got my eye out for something in the 10-14 range to work toward as a long term goal! :)

4 comments:

tz said...

cute dresses! and awesome deals!

fatgirlchangingherworld said...

I love "visual goals" hanging in my closet...I find they are such great motivation! Way to kick it up a notch at the Gym girl...so glad you are doing so well with your post-op recovery!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

LOVE the pics. You go girl!!!!

Blogger said...

If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you got to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

Post a Comment