Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Gym & Goodwill

Yesterday I was cleared to go back to regular activity...and that means I can do more than just walk for exercise. So today I headed to the gym! I spent 20 minutes doing weight training on the weight machines. Not much, just enough to get my body started. Then I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill. I broke a nice sweat and am very happy with my first official workout post-op. (I don't count the walking I've been doing as "workouts" though I guess technically they are.)

Here is what it looks like when you try to take your own picture while walking on a treadmill:



And then when hubby takes the picture for you:



The gym we go to is right next door to a Goodwill store. So after our workout we headed next door to look around. I found 2 dresses that I want to get down into. Here is what I found:

This is an Old Navy dress, size XL



I tried this one on, and of course it didn't fit yet. I didn't expect it to. But what shocked me was that I could get it on! It didn't look good, it was too tight in the hips & stomach, and I couldn't get it zipped up top, but it actually went on! So, I'm hoping that come this summer I'll be able to wear it! I'll post pics when I can get into it! It was worth the $6 for the motivation!

This is an Apt 9 brand dress from Khol's, size XL



It is BRAND NEW! Tags are still on it! It is a brand new $50 dress, and I paid $6 for it!!



And what's better than the price is the fact that IT FITS!!! Now, it will look better in a couple of weeks when I've lost a little more around the middle, but I can actually wear it!! I was so excited!! When I wear it I will take a pic and post it for you.

So, it's just an idea, but as you are losing you can go out to Goodwill or a thrift store and spend a few dollars to get an item or two in a smaller size to be able to work toward as a goal. As far as I'm concerned that was $12 well spent today! One dress I can wear soon as a short term goal. The other I can wear a little later on as a mid term goal. And I've got my eye out for something in the 10-14 range to work toward as a long term goal! :)

3 comments:

tz said...

cute dresses! and awesome deals!

fatgirlchangingherworld said...

I love "visual goals" hanging in my closet...I find they are such great motivation! Way to kick it up a notch at the Gym girl...so glad you are doing so well with your post-op recovery!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

LOVE the pics. You go girl!!!!

Post a Comment